Old Country Inn Restaurant
Butchers Block
Nottinghams
United Woodcraftsmen

Demolition continues on the old bridge across the top of the dam at Big Bear Lake.  The removal project is about one third complete.

September 10, 2011, the old bridge across the dam is now about on third gone. - Rick Keppler collection

September 10, 2011, the old bridge across the dam is now about on third gone. - Rick Keppler collection

Here is another image of the bridge at Big Bear Lake when it first opened in 1924.

In 1924, the traffic was so light that it was possible to park on the bridge and enjoy the view of Big Bear Lake before continuing on to the village. - Rick Keppler collection

In 1924, the traffic was so light that it was possible to park on the bridge and enjoy the view of Big Bear Lake before continuing on to the village. - Rick Keppler collection

Note: ┬áThis post contains material from the Channel-6’s The Big Bear History Show. The copyrighted information in this article have been presented here with permission from Rick Keppler and Bear Valley Broadcasting.

Butchers Block
Share